Founded in 1970, KAPP-CHEMIE has been developing from a small sole proprietorship company with a few employees to a meanwhile medium-sized incorporated enterprise with a staff of approximately 100 people. Main focus now and then is the development, production and distribution of specialised chemical products for the tissue and textile industries. With the years, our third business segment services with our competence as contract manufacturer has become more and more important.
Since the beginning, the company has been growing in all segments: products and applications, number of its customers, manufactured quantity, turnover and staff. In 2007, KAPP-CHEMIE has become part of the Stockmeier group. With this major step, a stronger standing on the global market, favourable synergy effects in purchase of raw materials and enlarged international contacts with many new business opportunities have helped KAPP-CHEMIE to become what we are today: a trustful, experienced and established business partner to our customers in the tissue and textile industry.
With representations in Europe, Asia, the USA, South America as well as South Africa, KAPP-CHEMIE is internationally present.
Due to our company slogan, we always give our best in order to proceed on the way of progress: 'Improve the Best'.
Our team comprises around 100 employees. They work for the departments sales, purchasing & logistics, development & application technology, safety & environment, quality management and production. In addition, our team includes trainees in the professions industrial clerk and chemical laboratory worker.
We are regularly looking for new colleagues. See if there is currently a suitable job offer for you:
The physical and mental health of our employees is very important to us. With our company health management, we want to maintain the health, motivation and thus also the productivity of our employees in the long term and counter the challenges of demographic change and increasing psychological stress. We regularly receive new impulses for this through the "Betriebsliches Gesundheitsmanagement im Rhein-Lahn-Kreis" network, of which we are a member.
Our company health management is based on the pillars of reducing physical and mental stress, sport and nutrition as well as prevention. The many measures include regular cardiac check-ups, running and football matches, and the provision of fresh fruit and yoghurt.
Family-owned since foundation in 1970
> 20 representations worldwide
in Europe, Asia, South Africa, USA, South America & South Africa
Workforce > 100 employees
> 1000 products
in bags, big bags, buckets, canisters, barrels, containers and road tankers
> 600 customers worldwide
from many different branches
> 23,000 tons
sales per year
- 1970 KAPP-CHEMIE was founded by Werner Kapp in 1970
- 1985 Acquisition by Alfred Hempel Group
- 1993 Management-buy-out by Ernst Engel
- 1996 Merger with Heidenroder Farben, implementation of a Quality Management System according to DIN EN ISO 9001
- 1997 New construction of first high-rack warehouse
- 2004 Start-up of a first GMP production for the grinding of pharmaceutical and cosmetic substances. Establishment of a representation in Bangladesh
- 2006 Construction of a new office building, foundation of KAPP ASIA, Hongkong
- 2007 Acquisition by the STOCKMEIER Group (headquarter in Bielefeld)
- 2012 Construction of second high-rack warehouse
- 2014 Foundation of KAPP-CHEMICALS, Wilmington (USA), installation of a new bagging system for powder production
- 2017 Enlargement of building 'Production II' - liquids manufacturing